Haiti Mission Ministries
In 2002 our Saint Rose Haiti Mission Committee was formed. Our sister parish is Merci Parish in Robillard, Haiti. We were partnered with them through the Parish Twinning Program of the Americas (PTPA).This program has joined 350+ parishes in the United States and Canada with parishes in Haiti, the poorest country in the Western hemisphere. 100% of donations received are sent to Notre Dame Parish.
Haiti Mission Statement
We, the parish family of Saint Rose of Lima Catholic Church commit to answer God’s call by:
- supporting our Haitian brothers and sisters at Notre Dame de la Merci through prayers, financial assistance and personal encounters.
- becoming One In Christ by sharing faith, life experiences and cultures.
Goals and Purpose
We commit to Jesus’ command to take care of the poor. We provide opportunities to support our Haitian brothers and sisters at Notre Dame de la Merci in Haiti. We encourage those who are called to be missionaries to go to Haiti and share our faith. With these personal encounters and visits from the pastor in Haiti, we grow in the Spirit and are changed.
- Annual Spring Shipment (April/May): Find storage for collected items, prepare publicity, collect items to go to Haiti, help sort and pack items, help take boxes to the warehouse.
- Funding the Future (Summer): Provides tuition for school children, arrange publicity, mount pictures of children on display boards, collect donations, give pictures and certificates.
- Mission Trips: Sign up to go on a mission trip to Haiti, assist coordinators in obtaining needed items.
- Hospitality: Host visitors for lunch and supper, take visitors to interesting places and activities. Communications: Design posters, research and develop information for bulletins, contact newspaper and radio stations, create PowerPoint presentations, maintain a website.
- Committee Meetings: Attend meetings, share information. Recruit New Haiti Mission Committee Members: Through personal contact with parishioners. Food 4 Kids: Help raise interest in funding basic mid-morning meals to feed the children at the parish school (September – June). Volunteers are asked to attend meetings for 1-2 hours per month. If you are looking to develop humility, step right up! Together we do make a difference.
January 3 Update
Dear brothers and sisters of Saint Rose parish,
I am happy to greet you all from Robillard. I hope my email will find you all and your family very well despite Covid continuing to kill a lot of people around the world, particularly in the United States. On behalf of all parishioners I want to thank you very much for your continued financial support to my parish in the fields of Health and Education despite the bad news about the economy. We wish you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! May Emmanuel bring you happiness! Thanks to God my parishioners and I are fine. The kids went to parish school from the beginning of November through last Friday (December 18). They will go back to school on January 4. Please keep us in your prayers as we pray for you too!
December 13 Update
The medical and maternal clinics supported by Saint Rose continue to play a vital role within the Robillard community. Our clinic manager, Leline, recently sent an update. They have not seen any Covid19 cases up to this point. The clinic staff treat a wide variety of patients including those with hypertension, diabetes, typhoid fever and malaria to name a few. In addition, they are equipped to treat many emergencies dealing with work or domestic related injuries. The maternity ward delivered 13 babies in October. Education is very important to our clinic staff. They do monthly training for pregnant women as well as preventative medicine lectures at the school and after each Sunday Mass. This clinic is such a blessing to our friends in Haiti, and we pray every day for its continued success.
Fr. Andre Sylvestre firstname.lastname@example.org
Faith in Action
- 11 mission trips to Robillard
- Rose/Merci health clinic
- Funding the Future education sponsorship
- Renovation of buildings
- Living quarters for visitors
- Security wall around school compound
- 2 new school buildings (grammar & vocational)
- 12.5kw industrial diesel generator for electric power
- Clean water filtration system
- Annual shipment of goods to Notre Dame
- Satellite dish installed for internet service