Reconciliation is part of a lifelong faith journey that began at the Sacrament of Baptism. It is a beautiful Sacrament that is received prior to the Sacrament of First Holy Communion and brings us closer to Christ through forgiveness of sins. Preparation for this Sacrament is done during class for St. Rose of Lima students and during PSR for students who are members of the St. Rose of Lima parish but do not attend Catholic school. PSR includes homeschooled students and distance learning students.
Our First Reconciliation program focuses on a family-oriented approach to preparing the student through catechesis, the Gospel, and discipleship.
The First Reconciliation preparation requirements are:
- Any Catholic who has reached the age of reason (7 years old) and is engaged in preparation (and on track to complete it by the Sacrament date) for the Sacrament of First Reconciliation to receive in the Wintertime.
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) must be registered and actively participating members of Saint Rose of Lima Church.
- If the student is a current 2nd grader and registers prior to the deadline, the options are in-person 2nd Grade learning or distance learning.
- If the student is older than 2nd Grade, the options are in-person Primary Delayed Sacraments learning, or distance learning.
- The parent(s)/Guardian(s) are responsible for providing a copy of the Baptismal Certificate within the 6 months PRIOR to receiving the Sacrament.
- Participation in all preparation activities including a retreat, rehearsal, and the Sacrament day.
Registration for PSR opens in May and in-person learning is limited. Once the registration deadline has passed, we have several other options available. Contact the PSR Administrator at 615-893-1843 ext. 1012.