The Sacrament of Confirmation
Confirmation is a Sacrament in the Catholic Church in which the one who is confirmed (confirmandi) receives the gifts of the Holy Spirit through the imposition of hand and anointing with oils by the bishop. It’s considered a sacrament of initiation which means that it brings you deeper into communion with the Church. Preparation for this Sacrament is done during class for St. Rose of Lima students and during PSR for students who are members of the St. Rose of Lima parish but do not attend Catholic school. PSR includes homeschooled students and distance learning students.
The Sacrament of Confirmation preparation program is a mandatory 2-year program. Year one focuses on learning about the Sacrament. Year two focuses on service, the church, and our mission of using our gifts to serve the Church.
The Confirmation preparation requirements are:
- Completion of the 2 year preparation program.
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) must be registered and actively participating members of Saint Rose of Lima Church.
- If the student is a current 7th grader (1Yr Confirmation) and has received the Sacraments of Baptism, First Reconciliation, and First Communion, and registers prior to the deadline, the options are in-person learning or distance learning.
- If the student is a current 8th grader (2Yr Confirmation) and has completed the required 7th grade year of preparation, the options are in-person learning or distance learning.
- For students who are above 8th grade, the options are in-person High School Delayed Sacraments learning, or distance learning. If you are 18+, please go to the information for Adult Confirmation.
- The parent(s)/Guardian(s) are responsible for providing a copy of the Baptismal Certificate within the 6 months PRIOR to receiving the Sacrament.
- Participation in all preparation activities including a retreat, rehearsal, and the Sacrament day.
Registration for PSR opens in May and in-person learning is limited. Once the registration deadline has passed, we have several other options available. Contact the PSR Administrator at 615-893-1843 ext. 1012.
HSDS Confirmation Retreat
For High School Delayed Sacraments students ONLY.