Haiti Mission Ministries
In 2002 our Saint Rose Haiti Mission Committee was formed. Our sister parish is Merci Parish in Robillard, Haiti. We were partnered with them through the Parish Twinning Program of the Americas (PTPA).This program has joined 350+ parishes in the United States and Canada with parishes in Haiti, the poorest country in the Western hemisphere. 100% of donations received are sent to Notre Dame Parish.
Haiti Mission Statement
We, the parish family of Saint Rose of Lima Catholic Church commit to answer God’s call by:
- supporting our Haitian brothers and sisters at Notre Dame de la Merci through prayers, financial assistance and personal encounters.
- becoming One In Christ by sharing faith, life experiences and cultures.
Goals and Purpose
We commit to Jesus’ command to take care of the poor. We provide opportunities to support our Haitian brothers and sisters at Notre Dame de la Merci in Haiti. We encourage those who are called to be missionaries to go to Haiti and share our faith. With these personal encounters and visits from the pastor in Haiti, we grow in the Spirit and are changed.
- Annual Spring Shipment (April/May): Find storage for collected items, prepare publicity, collect items to go to Haiti, help sort and pack items, help take boxes to the warehouse.
- Funding the Future (Summer): Provides tuition for school children, arrange publicity, mount pictures of children on display boards, collect donations, give pictures and certificates.
- Mission Trips: Sign up to go on a mission trip to Haiti, assist coordinators in obtaining needed items.
- Hospitality: Host visitors for lunch and supper, take visitors to interesting places and activities. Communications: Design posters, research and develop information for bulletins, contact newspaper and radio stations, create PowerPoint presentations, maintain a website.
- Committee Meetings: Attend meetings, share information. Recruit New Haiti Mission Committee Members: Through personal contact with parishioners. Food 4 Kids: Help raise interest in funding basic mid-morning meals to feed the children at the parish school (September – June). Volunteers are asked to attend meetings for 1-2 hours per month. If you are looking to develop humility, step right up! Together we do make a difference.
Haiti Update Jan 20
Last Sunday on the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord, a small community of the faithful gathered in the hills behind Robillard in one of the CHAPELLES which are like mission churches served by the larger community in Robillard. There was a special celebration for a woman named Madame Vencie Pierre. She was celebrating 100 years of walking with Jesus on this Earth. Her two sons sat on either side of her. She wore a pretty rose-colored dress with a white corsage. Her gray hair was brushed into a bun and she smiled. For the community, it was the first time a parishioner reached 100 years of age. There were readings from the Bible and hymns for all to sing. A festive table of food served those in attendance. The last words of the celebration were: Lord Jesus, refresh our minds and our hearts so that we can appreciate the talent of each other. Make us aware of the needs of seniors, our youth and the vulnerable people in our family and our community. Bring all the faithful to share your glorious light and life with you in Heaven. Amen.
Fr. Andre Sylvestre email@example.com
Faith in Action
- 11 mission trips to Robillard
- Rose/Merci health clinic
- Funding the Future education sponsorship
- Renovation of buildings
- Living quarters for visitors
- Security wall around school compound
- 2 new school buildings (grammar & vocational)
- 12.5kw industrial diesel generator for electric power
- Clean water filtration system
- Annual shipment of goods to Notre Dame
- Satellite dish installed for internet service