Beginning in August on each Thursday night at 7:00pm during Adoration in the church, we will have a special time of prayer and reflection. Here is the plan:
- 1st Thursday of the month: an Evening of Recollection for Men*
- 2nd Thursday of the month: an Evening of Recollection for Women*
- 3rd Thursday of the month: Praise and Worship Holy Hour with Confessions
- 4th (and 5th) Thursday of the month: Examination of Conscience and Confessions
*The Men's and Women's Evenings of Recollection will consist of a Meditation (a spiritual talk, usually on a virtue or other aspect of the interior life), Examination of Conscience, and Confession
I am calling these evenings "Luminous Thursdays", linking them to the Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary which are usually said on Thursdays.
- The Baptism of the Lord: we are Children of God by adoption in Baptism
- The Wedding Feast at Cana: the first sign or miracle of Jesus
- The Proclamation of the Kingdom: Repent and believe the Gospel!
- The Transfiguration: seeing Jesus in His Glory
- The Institution of the Holy Eucharist: Jesus really present before us
I hope that this will be a program for regular spiritual growth for many in the parish!